Jobs and Internships
In six years, NYFC has become a leading voice in the sustainable agriculture movement. With 29 chapters and thousands of farmers and consumers as members, we enter our next phase of growth with excitement and confidence. But the challenge before us is great: we must expand rapidly and achieve much more if we are to have the level of impact necessary to halt and then reverse the decline of family farming in the United States. We are actively expanding our capacity and growing our team.
The National Young Farmers Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, political orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal state or local law. We strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and veterans to apply.
NYFC seeks a Communications Director to lead external communications from our Hudson, NY office. The Communications Director will be the point person on organizational and campaign-driven communications to the media, our members, elected officials, and the public. The Communications Director will be charged with creating engaging, smart, and focused messaging to elevate the organization’s profile and move our agenda.
- Elevate NYFC’s national visibility through the development and execution of a
communications strategy, including regular press releases, story pitches and responses to press inquiries;
- Develop organizational and campaign messaging;
- Update and maintain youngfarmers.org;
- Manage NYFC’s blog content including editorial planning, writing posts, and editing
posts written by staff, freelancers, and partners;
- Manage NYFC’s presence on social media outlets;
- Coordinate and edit all email marketing communications;
- Assist in drafting fundraising appeals and campaigns;
- Oversee the development of reports, fact sheets, and marketing materials to ensure quality and maintain the NYFC brand.
The ideal candidate must:
- Strongly identify with NYFC’s Mission, Vision and Guiding Principles;
- Be an excellent writer and editor;
- Be an articulate representative for the organization to the press, young farmers and the public;
- Have experience writing press releases, organizing press conferences and working with reporters;
- Have experience managing designers and overseeing projects;
- Have experience managing social media for an organization;
- Have experience with campaigns, policy and organizing;
- Be self directed and able to work independently;
- Be highly organized;
- Be willing and able to work on a flexible schedule and in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to work from our headquarters in Hudson, NY.
Hours and Compensation: Full-time, $48-55k, commensurate with experience; excellent health care coverage and leave policy
How to apply:
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “COMMUNICATIONS
DIRECTOR” in the subject line. Writing sample and references on request. No calls, please.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: December 20, 2016
The National Young Farmers Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, political orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. NYFC encourages women, LGBTQ individuals, veterans, and people of color to apply.