Come discuss produce safety practices in an urban farm setting and learn how to comply with FSMA’s Produce Safety Rule!
Our walkthrough will highlight Legends South Farm’s various produce safety practices and discuss where contamination risks to produce may exist and actions farmers can take to reduce risk. Topics will include workers, soil amendments, wildlife/domesticated animals, water sources and usage, wash/pack station, and transportation. We will keep it conversational so feel free to come with questions!
This conversation will be led by Maggie Kaiser and Cara Fraver from the National Young Farmers Coalition and Billy Mitchell from the National Farmers Union Foundation.
Additional IL/IN Produce Safety Tour Events:
- 3/28/20: Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) Produce Safety Workshop @ Farm on Ogden
- 3/30/20: On-Farm Walkthrough & Workshop in Urbana, IL
- 4/1/20: Employee & Volunteer Training in Indianapolis, IN
- 4/2/20: On-Farm Produce Safety Walkthrough in De Motte, IN
- 4/2/20: Wash & Pack Station Design in Crown Point, IN
- 4/2/20: National Young Farmers Coalition Business Services Listening Session in Crown Point, IN