We are excited to announce that the National Young Farmers Coalition’s 5th Annual National Leadership Convergence will take place November 11th – 14th at the University of Colorado in Boulder.
Convergence will bring together 100 young farmer leaders from across the country to share best practices, network, and learn key organizing and advocacy skills. This year, we’re looking forward to including more unstructured time and break out groups to make space for relationship building and networking. Our commitment to racial equity will be centered throughout the conference. We’re excited to learn from one another’s successes and challenges as we continue to build the power of the young farmer movement.
What to expect:
- Training on state policy advocacy featuring chapter leader report-backs on successful campaigns
- Workshops on chapter organizing, working with the media, climate change, and more
- Update on the Coalition’s federal policy setting process by Ad Hoc Committee Members
- Keynote by Kate Greenberg, Colorado’s Commissioner of Agriculture
- Optional Farm Field Day on Thursday, November 14th, co-hosted by the Flatirons, Mile High, and Larimer County chapters, featuring farms run by young farmers and chapter members
- A Young Farmer Mixer to engage local farmers and partners in the Coalition’s work
- Plenty of opportunities to connect with fellow farmer leaders from across the country!