The National Young Farmers Coalition (NYFC) hosts Western Water Workshops ensure young and beginning farmers and ranchers have the information, knowledge, and resources necessary to enter roles of water leadership.
Speakers from the National Young Farmers Coalition, Dona Ana Soil & Water Conservation District, Elephant Butte Irrigation District will present on topics including:
- Foundations of water law and policy in the Colorado River Basin
- “Use it or lose it:” myth or reality?
- The cultural history of water, water administration & regional water plans
- Conservation and efficiency financing
- Opportunities to engage in water leadership
The water workshop will be followed by a farm tour to learn about the impact of the drought on local producers.
Who should attend? While we strongly encourage young and beginning farmers and ranchers to attend, this workshop is open to the public—from backyard gardeners to experienced ranchers, and community members seeking more knowledge on water.