Choosing how to access land is one of the biggest decisions that you will make as a farmer or rancher, and it can also be one of the most complex. In this full-day workshop hosted by Pennsylvania Association for Sustainable Agriculture (PASA), National Young Farmers Coalition (NYFC), and Equity Trust, we will highlight innovative land access tools being used by farmers across the country and prepare you to use these tools to secure land tenure.
You will learn about the following:
- How to partner with a land trust or farmland preservation board
- Innovative land leasing structures
- Legal considerations when seeking land
- Case studies of other beginning farmers who have accessed land in PA
- Financial tools and financial programs designed specifically for farmers seeking land
- Local issues, such as natural resource extraction, that affect land access in PA
This workshop is intended for beginning farmers and/or aspiring farmers who are interested in, or actively seeking, land access. Farm service providers are also welcome.