We are excited to announce NYFC’s 3rd Annual National Leadership Convergence this November 8-10th in Albuquerque, New Mexico, with an optional Pre-Convergence Field Day on November 7th. The Convergence will bring together young farmer leaders from across the country to share best practices, learn key organizing and advocacy skills, and inform NYFC’s farm bill platform and projects for the year ahead.
Building on the success of our first two National Leadership Convergences, this year’s Convergence will grow to 80+ participants. Each of our 36 chapters (those that signed the MOU prior to July 1) will have the opportunity to send two representatives; our three host chapters – Rio Grande Farmers Coalition, Northern New Mexico Young Farmers Alliance, and Four Corners Farmers and Ranchers Coalition—will have the opportunity to send two additional participants each. In addition, NYFC is inviting prospective chapter leaders and leaders representing communities of color currently underrepresented in the Coalition.
We’re looking forward to a Convergence that energizes us for the year to come and motivates us as leaders of this movement!
You can expect:
- Advanced and beginning workshops on farm bill and state policy reform; land and water; organizing; tools for leadership; and building equity in the food system
- Success stories from our established chapters
- First-ever Pre-Convergence Field Day featuring tours of chapter member farms and acequias
- A community mixer with local chapters and partners
- Keynotes by movement leaders
- Delicious local food and drinks
- Plenty of opportunities to connect with fellow farmer-organizers!
First ever optional Pre-Convergence Field Day!: 12pm – 8pm Tuesday, November 7th; includes three local farm tours, an acequia walk, and BBQ at Rio Grande Community Farm; cost of $35 per person to pay for bus and food. You must also take care of your own lodging for the night.
Convergence: 2pm Wednesday, November 8th – 2pm Friday, November 10th; includes workshops, leadership meetings, guest speakers, meals, parties & socializing, and more; all expenses covered by NYFC.
Please complete the Convergence Survey here prior to registering.