Accessing land is one of the most complex financial decisions that you will make as a farmer. Join NYFC, Organic Growers School, and Southern Appalachian Highlands Conservancy in a workshop designed to prepare early career farmers to approach land access with confidence.
You will learn about:
- Searching for farmland in Western North Carolina and the greater region
- Evaluating farmland for appropriate use
- Financing and affordability tools for beginning farmers
- Working with a land trust
- Financial planning and using NYFC’s Finding Farmland Calculator
- Case studies of other farmers’ paths to land access
The training is offered at a sliding scale registration rate. We will provide lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
We also ask all participants to complete our pre- and post-surveys to help us improve our work.
This project is supported by a grant from the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture through its Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development Program, #2016-70017-25499.