NYFC hosted our 4th Annual National Leadership Convergence this November 12th-15th at the National 4H Center in Chevy Chase, Maryland, with a full Lobby Day at the D.C. Capitol on November 15th.
Convergence brings together young farmer leaders from across the country to share best practices, learn key organizing and advocacy skills, and make their voices heard on Capitol Hill in an important farm bill year.
Building on the success of our first three National Leadership Convergences, this year’s Convergence grew to 100+ farmers. Participants included representatives from NYFC’s 41 chapters as well as prospective leaders.
Check out our Flickr page for photos from the event and our Convergence videos on YouTube!
- Workshops on farm bill and state policy reform; land and water; chapter organizing; tools for leadership; dismantling racism and racial justice/equity work
- Farm Field Day co-hosted by the Maryland Young Farmers Coalition featuring Virginia farms run by young farmers
- A Farmers & Friends Mixer with local farmers, partner organizations, Congressional staff, USDA representatives, funders and more to celebrate the work of NYFC and our partners
- Keynote by Eric Jackson of the Black Yield Institute and screening of his film, Baltimore’s Strange Fruit
- Plenaries highlighting local Chesapeake farmers and food justice leaders
- Delicious local food and drinks
- Plenty of opportunities to connect with fellow farmer-organizers from around the country!
Please email email@example.com with any questions about the event.