On Tuesday, April 1 at 4 p.m. EDT Agriculture Deputy Secretary Krysta Harden will host a Google+ Hangout to discuss types of agricultural credit and ways to access them in support of your farm or ranch business.
This Google Hangout is part of a discussion series hosted by Deputy Secretary Harden on the changing face of agriculture and the opportunities presented by a career in farming or ranching.
During this Hangout, you will hear from panelists who represent some of the key agricultural financial lenders and farmers’ stories about how different credit options were successfully put to work on the farm.
Leading the Discussion:
- Deputy Secretary Krysta Harden
- Gary Matteson, Farm Credit Council, Vice President for Young, Beginning, Small Farmer Programs and Outreach
- Chris Beyerhelm, USDA’s Farm Service Agency Farm Loan Chief
- Shirley Malek, goat and sheep cheese producer in Gilmanton, NH
- Megan Kinsey, a squash, grape, and corn farmer in Sunnyside, WA
- Matt and Jolene Nierling, beginning farmers who operate a dairy operation in northeast Iowa
Participate in the Hangout on Tuesday by watching it live on the USDA Google+ page or on www.usda.gov/live. Some of the questions we will discuss are:
- How much experience (if any) is required to receive a farm loan?
- What do creditors look for in a business plan?
- Who are the best lenders for me? How do I know who to talk to first?
Click here to learn more, or RSVP right now!