Farming and the Law
This is a compilation of articles written by Rachel Armstrong, NYFC blog contributor, regarding farming, farm businesses, and the law. These articles are intended for background information only, not as recommendations for specific action.
You can find more resources at Rachel’s website, FarmCommons.org.
- Workers’ Comp Laws: They mean business.
- Answering the “Do I need workers’ comp insurance?” question on your own.
- Workers’ Comp: Protecting Employers and Employees
- Washington Takes its New Internship Law For a Spin
- Will Work For Food: Paying minimum wage with farm food and housing
- The Intern That Isn’t: Part 2
- The Intern That Isn’t: Federal law and farm internships
- Apprenticeships- The high price for low cost labor
- The Farmer’s Apprentice